Myland English Hub
In September 2018, the DfE appointed 34 English Hub schools across England to support other schools to deliver excellent early language and phonics teaching in Reception and Key Stage 1. Myland Primary School in Colchester was one of the chosen 34 schools and has responsibility for establishing and developing an English Hub in the East of England.
Myland English Hub is currently working with schools who would like to receive support and funding for resources. Any eligible school can request support from an English Hub and the DfE has identified specific criteria. However, if there is more demand than capacity, hubs will select schools to receive support based on the school's capacity to improve, the level of need for support and the level of disadvantage of the children at the school.
The support Myland English Hub can provide includes:
- Two free places, per school, at one of our Showcase Events. These are held regularly - email our Hub Lead for details of our current schedule for this term (one attendee from each school must be the school's Headteacher).
- A review of action planning following attendance at a Showcase Event.
- Potential funding of up to £6,000 per school to invest in resources. This may be match funded or fully funded depending upon the circumstances of the school. Resources must meet certain criteria.
- A full audit of a school's early language and phonics provision carried out by one of our Literacy Specialists and support with further action planning.
- Up to six days of school-to-school support led by one of our experienced Literacy Specialists over the period of a year.
For more information visit: https://www.mylandprimary.co.uk/myland-english-hub/