National Leaders of Education
National Leaders of Education (NLEs) are outstanding headteachers who, together with the staff in their national support school, use their skills and experience to support schools in challenging circumstances. In addition to leading their own schools, NLEs work to increase the leadership capacity of other schools to help raise standards.
The primary funded function of NLEs is to deliver the school improvement support offer on behalf of the department. NLEs deliver support to underperforming schools, helping them to identify and address areas in need of improvement, including:
- financial health
Our National Leaders of Education
The NLEs in the Saffron Teaching School Hub are:
- Caroline Derbyshire, CEO Saffron Academy Trust
- Susannah Edom-Baker, CEO Attain Academy Partnership
- Helena Mills, CEO BMAT Education
- Andrew Smith, CEO Learning Pathways Academy Trust
- Peter Tidmarsh, CEO Epping Forest Schools Partnership Trust
For more information about NLEs, click here.