Mentor conference - 2 March 2022
On 2 March 2022, Teaching School Hubs in the Eastern Region are hosting an online conference for mentors. This event will be hosted by the Saffron, Alpha, Chafford Hundred, Cambridgeshire & Peterborough, Julian and Unity Teaching School Hubs.
Update 8/03/22 - resources from this event can be viewed here.
- A free online conference for primary and secondary ITT and ECT mentors
- Wednesday 2 March 4:30-6:00pm
- Hear about how the Teaching School Hubs can support you
- Find out more about the Teaching School Hubs' new regional Subject Forums
- Listen to talks by keynote speakers Dr Richard Kueh and Charlotte Raby
- Dr Richard Kueh HMI is the Ofsted Subject Lead for RE.
- In his talk Richard will give background to the Ofsted Research Review series and will look at the big picture of subject-based curricula, what we can learn from the Research Review, and the role of mentors in developing subject knowledge for their trainees and ECTs.
- Charlotte Raby is an Early Reading Expert and English Consultant and was a member of the DfE Expert Advisory Group on the new Leading Literacy NPQ.
- In her talk Charlotte will look at the Reading Framework - Teaching the Foundations of Literacy (DfE 2021) and how this guidance impacts primary and secondary teaching.