September 2022 ECTs – Appropriate Body checklist and briefing sessions
This half term is a busy one as schools prepare for a new cohort of ECTs starting in September 2022. Here is a checklist of things that school leaders need to do:
- Identify an Induction Tutor and a Mentor for each ECT
- Timetable 10% release for Year 1 ECTs and 5% release for Year 2 ECTs
- Register new ECTs with an Appropriate Body
- Register new ECTs with the DfE for the ECF programme
- Attend relevant Statutory Induction briefing sessions
When allocating an Induction Tutor or Mentor it is important to ensure that these colleagues have sufficient capacity to carry out the role effectively. As a guide, for an Induction Tutor, Saffron AB would suggest three hours per half term per ECT, and for a Mentor, an hour per week for each ECT in Year 1 and an hour a fortnight in Year 2.
For schools choosing to use the Saffron AB service, we are running a series of tailored online briefing sessions for:
- Schools who have not had an ECT this year
- New Induction Tutors
- Experienced Induction Tutors
- New ECTs
These online briefing sessions will take please in June, July and September – for full details of the sessions and to book a place, download the booking form at the link below:
Saffron AB - Zoom briefing sessions - booking form
If you have any questions about the Saffron AB service, contact our AB Lead Verity Boreham.