The Golden Thread of teacher development
On Thursday 7th July, the DfE will host a webinar to share more information about how the department is supporting teachers at every stage of their career through the Golden Thread, covering Initial Teacher Training (ITT), the Early Career Framework reforms (ECF) and National Professional Qualifications (NPQs).
This webinar is for headteachers, executive leaders, senior leaders, governors, finance managers and other roles which manage strategic decisions around teaching, learning, personnel, and finance.
The webinar will cover:
- An overview of what the Golden Thread is, and the high-quality, ongoing training opportunities which are included.
- The benefits of helping to train the next generation of teachers by hosting ITT trainees in your schools, and the support which is available to you.
- The advantages of the DfE-funded provider-led ECF based programmes, what we are doing to improve their implementation and delivery, and how we are supporting schools, ECTs and mentors to understand them.
- The NPQs which are available to staff across the country, the unprecedented support which is available, and how to access the qualifications.
The webinar will take place on Thursday 7th July, 10:00-11:00. To book a place, visit: https://tinyurl.com/4atavj7k
The Golden Thread and the Saffron Teaching School Hub
As a Teaching School Hub, our remit is to deliver on the DfE’s Golden Thread by offering training and support to teachers and school leaders at every stage of their career.
- NPQs: to find out more about the NPQs offered by the Saffron TS Hub, including details of how to apply, click here.
- Early Career Framework: to register your ECTs on the Saffron TS Hub Early Career training programme, click here.
- ITT: to find out more about how the Saffron TS Hub supports Initial Teacher Training, click here – including information for schools interested in engaging in ITT here.
You can read more about NPQs in the 27 June edition of the DfE Teacher Bulletin here.