Continuing Professional Development
With such a wide range of partners, the Saffron Teaching School Hub provides a wide range of professional development across the region for teachers, school leaders and support staff at all stages of their career.
Early Career Teachers
As part of new statutory induction arrangements starting in Sept 2021, Early Career Teachers will be entitled to a training programme based on the Early Career Framework. For more information about the new statutory induction arrangements, including the Full Induction Programme run by the Saffron Teaching School Hub, click here.
National Professional Qualifications (NPQs)
We offer NPQ programmes with Teach First. For more information about our NPQ programmes, click here.
To find out about the CPD courses offered by the Saffron Teaching School Hub and its partners, click here.
The Saffron Teaching School Hub promotes courses run by the Curriculum Hubs in our area - please visit our Curriculum Hubs section for more information.
Saffron Teaching School Hub CPD Leads Network
Are you looking to connect with fellow CPD leads, share best practice, and keep up to date with the latest evidence?
The Saffron Teaching School Hub CPD Leads Network is a community of like-minded professionals dedicated to driving educational excellence in Essex. This peer-led network of primary and secondary leaders meets online once a term, often with guest speakers from the world of education.
- Connect: Network with inspiring teachers from both primary and secondary schools across the county. Share your experiences, exchange ideas, and build lasting relationships with colleagues who share your passion for education.
- Discover: Explore a wealth of ideas to enhance your pedagogical approach and bring fresh inspiration to your school CPD programme. Learn about how your school can access DfE funded ‘Golden Thread’ CPD for your staff.
- Collaborate: Unlock the power of collaboration! Together, we can create a thriving CPD community across Essex.
- Grow: Continuous professional development is at the heart of our network. Benefit from a range of experiences and evidence designed to expand your knowledge and empower you to excel in your role.
The dates and times of our 2023-24 CPD Leads Network meetings (all held online) are:
- Wednesday 18 October 2023 (4pm - 5pm)
- Tuesday 5 March 2024 (4pm - 5pm)
- Thursday 2 May 2024 (4pm - 5pm)
To join our CPD Leads Network and receive invitations to these termly meetings, click here.