Early Years Leadership (NPQEYL)
National Professional Qualification in Early Years Leadership (NPQEYL)
We are delighted to be partnering with Teach First to deliver this programme.
- Target Audience: For leaders qualified to at least level 3 who are, or are aspiring to be, a nursery manager, headteacher of a school-based or maintained nursery, or registered childminder with leadership responsibilities. Settings must be Ofsted registered.
- Course Length: 18 months, plus 3 months for assessment period
- Programme Cost: Fully funded (for information only: £1,045)
- Programme start dates: October 2022 and February 2023
- Brochure: Teach First
What will I learn?
You will broaden your leadership knowledge and gain the specialist expertise needed to tackle your organisation’s improvement priorities with content covering the breadth of knowledge you need as a leader. Teach First's content is informed by the best and most recent evidence and developed with input from serving leaders and subject-matter experts.
Modules are still being confirmed but will include core elements of the framework:
- Child development, curriculum and assessment
- Additional and special educational needs
- Professional development
- Organisational management
- Working in partnership
Your Learning Journey
Designed with busy teachers in mind, the NPQEYL is delivered using a blend of online seminars, flexible online learning and conferences.
How will I benefit?
Over 18 months, you will:
- Get the tools to establish and – more importantly— sustain your organisation’s strategic direction. Learn how to create an effective culture and align your staff in your setting’s mission.
- Create a thriving environment in which all staff feel supported and valued with opportunities to develop.
- Become part of a community of leaders across Early Years settings and contexts and learn how they faced and overcame similar challenges.
APPLY FOR EARLY YEARS LEADERSHIP (NPQEL)