Developing strong subject expertise in teachers is one of the key factors in ensuring pupils’ success. Our Subject Forums will allow you to look at the latest research in your subject area and to explore how you can incorporate this into your classroom practice.
Subject Forums are delivered in partnership with three Teaching School Hubs in the Eastern Region (Alpha, Chafford Hundred and Saffron) and with the Curriculum Hubs.
These remote sessions are designed to provide teachers with subject specific insights into evidence informed practice as a starting point to further reflection, professional learning and development of greater expertise.
- Our online Subject Forums are for all staff at all stages of their careers.
- The Subject Forums will give staff the opportunity to look at the latest research in their subject area and consider how they can incorporate this into their practice.
- The registration fee allows a school to add any teacher onto the Subject Forums during the year.
Dates and times
The Subject Forums sessions will run once a term during the following weeks:
- Autumn Term 2023: 6th-10th November 2023
- Spring Term 2024: 4th-8th March 2024
- Summer Term 2024: 24th-28th June 2024
The termly sessions will start at 4.30pm and will run for 45-minutes for each subject. All the sessions are online and designed using Kolb’s Experiential Learning Cycle to provide teachers with subject specific insights into evidence informed practice as a starting point to further reflection, professional learning, and development of greater expertise.
For schools who sign up later in the year, all previous content will be made available either through resources or recordings.
How to register your school for the 2023-24 Subject Forums
* To register your school for the Primary Subject Forums, click here
* To register your school for the Secondary Subject Forums, click here
Please see the flyer at the bottom of this page of the Subject Forums registration fee.
You can also download the flyer here.
The registration fee allows a school to add any teacher onto the Subject Forums during the year.
Once schools have signed up, each school will be sent additional information for them to share with their staff, so their teachers can sign up for individual sessions.