National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH)
We are delighted to be partnering with Teach First to deliver this programme.
- Target Audience: School leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a headteacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school.
- Course Length: 18 months, plus 3 months for assessment period
- Programme Cost: Fully funded (for information only: £1,985)
- Programme Start Dates: February 2024
- Brochure: Teach First
What will I learn?
You’ll develop expertise in the knowledge, skills and concepts for areas of whole-school responsibility related to your role as an aspiring or current headteacher.
- School culture
- Curriculum and assessment
- Additional and special educational needs
- Professional development
- Organisational management
- Working in partnership
- Governance and accountability
Your Learning Journey
Designed with busy school leaders in mind, the NPQH is delivered over 18 months using a blend of online seminars, flexible online learning and conferences.
How will I benefit?
Over 18 months, you will:
- Develop as a leader with whole-school responsibility.
- Get the tools to establish and sustain your school's strategic direction.
- Learn how to create an effective school culture and align your staff in your school's mission.
- Be supported to effectively implement change and improvement in an area you identify as a school priority.
- Join a network of like-minded leaders.
- The programme is delivered by our highly trained and skilled teachers and leaders from our school-based delivery partners.