Leading Literacy (NPQLL)
National Professional Qualification in Leading Literacy (NPQLL)
We are delighted to be partnering with Teach First to deliver this programme.
- Target Audience: Teachers and school leaders who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading literacy across a school, year group, key stage or phase.
- Course Length: 12 months, plus 3 months for assessment period
- Programme Cost: Fully funded (for information only: £840)
- Programme Start Dates: October 23 and February 24
- Brochure: Teach First
What will I learn?
You’ll develop the knowledge, skills and expertise to effectively develop others and lead a powerful whole school literacy strategy.
Modules titles are still being confirmed, content will include core elements of the framework:
- Developing language
- Developing reading
- Developing writing
- Professional development
Your Learning Journey
Designed with busy teachers in mind, the NPQLL is delivered using a blend of online seminars, flexible online learning and conferences.
How will I benefit?
Over 12 months, you will:
- Gain an understanding of the core principles behind developing language, reading and writing, get practical tools and guidance to lead your school’s approach to literacy, and collaborate with other leaders in similar roles.
- Develop the skills to help colleagues develop literacy across the curriculum – without creating unnecessary workload.
- Share experiences with other school leaders, learn how they’ve faced similar challenges and build a professional network that will support you throughout your career.
- Access a blended learning programme that’s full of practical and tangible examples, flexible and tailored to your needs and areas of development and focus.