Leading Primary Mathematics (NPQLPM)
National Professional Qualification in Leading Primary Mathematics (NPQLPM)
We are delighted to be partnering with Teach First to deliver NPQLPM.
- Target Audience: Teachers or leaders who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading mathematics across a school, year group, key stage, or phase.
- Course Length: 12 months, plus 3 months for assessment period
- Programme Cost: Fully funded (for information only: £901)
- Programme Start Date: February 24
- Brochure: Teach First
What will I learn?
This programme will help you to:
- Develop as a specialist in areas related to your role, including leading mathematics across your key stage or school and developing others
- Work with serving school leaders and subject matter experts to turn new learning into changes in your own and others’ practice
- Access a blended learning programme that is full of practical and tangible examples, flexible and tailored to your needs and areas of development and school focus
You’ll learn about how pupils learn, so you can develop systems which help children:
- Overcome maths anxiety
- Build resilience
- Develop problem-solving strategies
You’ll learn how to create a culture of high expectations where teachers:
- Challenge and motivate pupils
- Give pupils high quality feedback
- Design and introduce maths curriculums
You’ll learn how to design maths curriculums and develop leadership skills to help you introduce them, including how to:
- Identify the maths knowledge that pupils need
- Help pupils make connections between maths facts and concepts
- Identify gaps in pupils’ knowledge and make changes accordingly
- Plan curriculum changes so that teachers are supported
- Support maths teachers in your school
You’ll learn techniques to help you support maths teachers, including techniques to help them:
- Plan lessons, for example sequencing lessons so that pupils can build their knowledge
- Support inclusion of pupils, for example ensuring that the starting point is accessible to all
- Manage their workload, for example by sharing approaches to marking work
- Understand and use consistent maths vocabulary
Your Learning Journey
Designed with busy teachers in mind, the NPQLPM is delivered using a blend of online seminars, flexible online learning and conferences.
How will I benefit?
Over 12 months, you will:
- Embed mastery approaches to teaching maths in your school
- Lead or aspire to lead your school to teach maths effectively, working collaboratively with senior leaders and teachers
- Access a blended learning programme that’s full of practical and tangible examples, flexible and tailored to your needs and areas of development and focus.
- Access DfE scholarship funding (available to all state school teachers and leaders).
For more information on this NPQ you can download the framework here.