Leading Teaching (NPQLT)
National Professional Qualification in Leading Teaching (NPQLT)
We are delighted to be partnering with Teach First to deliver NPQLT.
- Target Audience: Teachers and school leaders who have, or are aspiring to have, responsibilities for leading teaching in a subject or year, for example a head of subject, key stage head or head of department.
- Course Length: 12 months, plus 3 months for assessment period
- Programme Cost: Fully funded (for information only: £840)
- Programme Start Dates: October 22 and February 23
- Brochure: Teach First
What will I learn?
You’ll develop the knowledge, skills and expertise to lead high-quality teaching and curriculum development in your context.
- School culture
- How pupils learn
- Subject and curriculum
- Classroom practice
- Adaptive teaching
- Professional development
Your Learning Journey
Designed with busy teachers in mind, the NPQLT is delivered using a blend of online seminars, flexible online learning and conferences.
How will I benefit?
Over 12 months, you will:
- Develop as a specialist in areas related to your role, including by subject and phase (with content such as how to sequence a curriculum and plan effective assessment).
- Work with serving school leaders and subject-matter experts to turn new learning into changes in your own and others’ practice.
- Build the expertise to effectively manage a team of teachers to create a culture of professional learning and continuous improvement in your school.
- Develop the skills to help colleagues plan effective lessons, meet individual pupil needs and provide opportunities for all pupils to succeed - without creating unnecessary workload.
- Access a blended learning programme that’s full of practical and tangible examples, flexible and tailored to your needs and areas of development and focus.