Senior Leadership (NPQSL)
National Professional Qualification in Senior Leadership (NPQSL)
We are delighted to be partnering with Teach First to deliver this programme.
- Target Audience: School leaders who are, or are aspiring to be, a senior leader with cross-school responsibilities
- Course Length: 18 months, plus 3 months for assessment period
- Programme Cost: Fully funded (for information only: £1,045)
- Programme start dates: October 2022 and February 2023
- Brochure: Teach First
What will I learn?
You’ll develop expertise in the knowledge, skills and concepts for areas of cross- and whole-school responsibility related to your role. Teach First's content is informed by the best and most recent evidence and developed with input from serving school leaders and subject-matter experts.
- School culture
- Curriculum and assessment
- Additional and special educational needs
- Professional development
- Organisational management
- Working in partnership
- Governance and accountability
Your Learning Journey
Designed with busy teachers in mind, the NPQSL is delivered using a blend of online seminars, flexible online learning and conferences.
How will I benefit?
Over 18 months, you will:
- Grow your expertise as a senior school leader, broadening your leadership knowledge and gaining the specialist expertise needed to tackle your school improvement priorities.
- Learn how to support the development of a positive, predictable and safe environment for pupils.
- Learn how to build a supportive environment for colleagues and school leaders.
- Share experiences with other school leaders, learn how they've faced similar challenges and build a professional network that will support you throughout your career.
- Be supported to effectively implement change and improvement in an area related to your role.