Support for Early Career Teachers
On Monday 21st June 2021 the Saffron Teaching School Hub, Alpha Teaching School Hub and Chafford Hundred Teaching School Hubs hosted an online 'ITT to Early Career Teacher' event for trainees starting their ECT year in September.
The event looked at the Early Career Framework, how the Chartered College of Teaching and the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) can support trainees in their first few years of teaching, and how Early Career Teachers can look after their wellbeing.
Speakers at this event were:
- Professor Sam Twiselton (Chartered College)
- Siobhan Keddie (EEF Research Schools Network)
- Emma Day (Essex & Thames SCITT)
Resources & useful links from the 'ITT to ECT' event
- 'ITT to ECT' event PowerPoint slides
- The Chartered College of Teaching ‘Early Career Hub’
- The EEF Research Schools Network
Videos from the 'ITT to ECT' event
Why teaching is such a great profession:
What the Early Career Framework looks like for an ECT in their first year of teaching:
Siobhan Keddie - How the EEF Research Schools Network can support teachers’ ongoing development:
Next steps for Early Career Teachers: