Venn Essex Maths Hub
The Maths Hubs programme is Department for Education funded and led by the NCETM (National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics). We bring together mathematics education professionals in a collaborative national network of 40 Hubs each locally led by an outstanding school or college, to develop and spread excellent practice, for the benefit of all pupils and students.
The Venn Essex Maths Hub's aim is to ensure that all pupils, teachers and leaders have access to support, training, and innovation that will improve the enjoyment and achievement of mathematics, from Early Years through to the post 16 sector.
The Venn Essex Maths Hub is led by St Thomas More’s Catholic Primary School, an outstanding primary school in the heart of Colchester. With a dedicated team of operational partners who help carry out the Hub’s work, we work very closely with our Strategic Partners, who help plan and evaluate the Hub’s work. We work with successful, established mathematics communities across the Essex region as well as national partners and mathematics associations.
- The Venn Essex Maths Hub covers the Essex area including Braintree, Chelmsford, Epping Forest, Uttlesford, Southend-on-Sea and Thurrock.
- Schools in Harlow are covered by the Matrix Maths Hub.
Find out more about the Venn Maths Hub:
Venn Essex Maths Hub news, programmes and events
Discover fully-funded subject-specific opportunities to support professional learning for teachers and development for departments and schools - download our 2022/23 brochures by clicking on the links below:
- Venn Essex Maths Hub 2022/23: PRIMARY one-page overview
- Venn Essex Maths Hub 2022/23: PRIMARY programmes catalogue
- Venn Essex Maths Hub 2022/23: SECONDARY one-page overview
- Venn Essex Maths Hub 2022/23 - SECONDARY programmes catalogue
If you have any questions about any of these programmes, please contact us.
Zoom drop-in sessions - click on the titles below for more information
Current Work Groups and projects
Find out more about Current Work Groups and projects
Find out more about Work Groups - What is a Work Group?
Venn Essex Maths Hub on Twitter